Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Shane Patrick's Day!

This weekend was quite the eventful one for me musically. It started off on Saturday with an audition for a major network television show. I don't want to give too many details about it, just because we're trying to keep the information relatively contained for the time being, but let me tell you....it was an experience!

The audition was being held in the Ren Cen in downtown Detroit. I don't know if anyone has ever tried to park in the Millender parking structure that's connected to the Ren Cen, but what a complete and total CLUSTER. The signs literally directed me to park on the second floor, take an elevator to the 6th floor, walk across the parking structure and then take a different elevator back down to the second floor........ummmmm.........WHY?! 

Anyway, after the parking debacle was figured out, I met the rest of my group in the lobby and proceeded to the 5th floor where the auditions were being held. Our audition time was slated for 1:30pm with the judges, and yet we somehow did not make it in to see the judges until almost an hour later than our audition time. But those kinds of things always run late, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Overall I think we did pretty well, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the end result will be! I'll keep everyone posted once I get the word!

So, after the audition it was off to Bayside in Walled Lake to perform for the night. I love performing at places like this just because there is so much energy in those kinds of places its pretty hard to not have a good time with the crowd. However I would say the highlight of the evening came from a guy who was celebrating a birthday named Shane Patrick who kept running around the bar yelling "HAPPY SHANE PATRICK'S DAY!"


That performance was pretty good, plus some guy gave us a $100 tip to sing Mr. Brightside by The Killers. No complaints here!

That show ended at about 2am and then we packed up and made our way to Grand Rapids, MI for a bridal show at the Amway Hotel. This all went pretty well except for poor planning about having a live band playing with a bunch of other vendors all around us. They asked us to play so quietly that it was almost a joke. I'm sorry, you just can't play "Pour Some Sugar on Me" quietly. It loses all of it's affect. In case you have lived under a rock for literally your entire life, or you somehow are just now discovering the awesomeness of Def Leppard, the link is below......Overall I think it was a good promotion for our group, but I just hope some of these brides realize that we can really rock out, and that we are not really mean to be background music.

After that we packed up and made our way back to the D for the remainder of the weekend. Overall it was a jam packed weekend and a ton of fun.

Here is a quick recap of the weekend.

  • Detroit Parking = Asinine
  • Shane Patrick's Day = Hilarious
  • Def Leppard = Awesome



Get it? Got it? GOOD!

Over and OUT!

1 comment:

  1. oh yea definitely, especially the ones who wears cut off shirts that sweats like crazy....really annoying!!!!

    ReplyDelete