Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What's this about anyway?

Have you ever gone to see a local band here in Detroit because a friend of yours suggested it, or because you read on a flyer that they were supposed to be good? Well, if you are anything like me, then you've had that situation happen to you more than once. Sometimes you go and are pleasantly surprised at how well a band did, while others you wish you'd stayed home and done just about anything else. The purpose of this blog is to take out some of the guessing about the band, and hopefully help you have a better night out, with some quality entertainment.

While, I'm sure for some, just the fact that I said I'm willing to do these reviews would be enough for you to read them and take my opinion to heart. However, I'm quite sure there are some who are going to say "What makes you so qualified, why should I listen to your opinion?" A very valid question indeed. So to please the pessimists in the audience, I will give you a little bit of a background about myself.

I've been involved in performing in different bands, choirs, and musical groups for the last 15 years. I've played the drums for about 10 years, and have been singing for about 8 years. I received a vocal music scholarship from Central Michigan University, where I was involved in a few different musical groups, ranging from acappella music to pop and rock music. More recently I've been involved vocally in a group that performs music from many genres across the board, performing all across the state of Michigan.

Hopefully that gives a pretty good representation of what perspectives I will be bringing to my reviews. However the most important thing to keep in mind about my blog is that it is my opinion. You may disagree with the reviews that I post, or you may have a different perspective to share. This is completely acceptable, and I highly encourage different opinions and perspectives, however I ask that all responses and comments are done so respectfully.

If you hear of an upcoming event or band and you are curious about it, please feel free to share it and I would be more than happy to check them out, if I'm available. So let the show BEGIN!

*Image borrowed from Swagbucks

No comments:

Post a Comment